Need HDMI 2.0 for TV

JesseZ33

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
Hey guys,

I made the mistake of buying a 4K TV that only has HDMI 1.4 ports (i was blinded by the amazing deal) and as you know i cannot get full resolution. Im not sure if its FPS or not but i can only get 30 and not the full 60.
So my question to you is; is there anyway to get HDMI 2.0 capabilities on my TV with it only having 1.4 ports?

Thanks,
Jesse

Solution
No, it's hardware on the TV, you can't upgrade the port without changing the system board, and even then it may not work properly with the screen.

HDMI 1.4 can run 4k, just at 24 frames which is fine for movies/TV. 30 and 60 is not resolution, it's FPS, you CAN get the full 4k resolution, but not the full FPS that you could with HDMI 2.
No, it's hardware on the TV, you can't upgrade the port without changing the system board, and even then it may not work properly with the screen.

HDMI 1.4 can run 4k, just at 24 frames which is fine for movies/TV. 30 and 60 is not resolution, it's FPS, you CAN get the full 4k resolution, but not the full FPS that you could with HDMI 2.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS