Need help ASAP choosing gaming laptop August 2018

divadoll

Estimable
Jan 20, 2015
I need a gaming and graphics laptop. I don't play the top games anymore but also need it for artwork. I like a good screen with great graphics and sound, fast processor. Looking at Asus, Acer, Alienware, and MSI.
Not sure if I want a 15.6 or 17.3. Bigger is better but the larger one is heavy and for the extra cost I may connect a monitor or tv with HDMI cable. I will need some portability.

The 8th gen processors are out now and I want an I7. Biggest question is video card. Am stumped as to which one: GeForce 1060, 1070 or 1080. The 1080 isn't as good as a titan which is more suited for a desktop and may run hot in a laptop. It also doesn't seem that different from 1070. Had an older Alienware desktop which is now a huge paperweight. That had enough cooling for anything but laptops I have heard can run hot. The 1070 and the 1060 seem okay but not sure if the 1070 is worth it. I do want some future proofing as I keep my computers a long time. Hard to upgrade a laptop except for memory. I'd like it to have 16 gb at least and upgradable.

Any thoughts on good choices? Any opinions on reliable brands? Thanks so much in advance.

Solution
www.xoticpc.com has a good sortable collection of gaming laptops. If you want to make sure your system can run games for 3-4 years, get the fastest system you can afford. Probably a 1070 would be best but 1060 is not too bad, will just need to lower settings in more demanding future games. If you will be traveling with the laptop often and using with an external screen you should go for the smaller screens.
www.xoticpc.com has a good sortable collection of gaming laptops. If you want to make sure your system can run games for 3-4 years, get the fastest system you can afford. Probably a 1070 would be best but 1060 is not too bad, will just need to lower settings in more demanding future games. If you will be traveling with the laptop often and using with an external screen you should go for the smaller screens.

Solution