Need help ASAP!!

Brady_5

Commendable
Apr 11, 2016
Hello, I'm in need of desperate help as I have a PowerPoint presentation due and my laptop was stolen the other day, I got a new one.
It's an Acer Aspire 5536 it's got Dolby home theatre virtual surround sounds, 3GB Ram and 250Gb Harddrive from what I remember.
It worked fine for about 8 hours after I got it last night, and today it died. I was using it plugged in at the public library and it just died. I tried turning it back on and after a second it does again. It doesn't seem to be charging as no lights are on, plugged in or not. I've tried taking the battery out, pressing the power button and then holding it for thirty seconds, and plugging the ac and turning it on(still no battery inside) and nothing, put the battery back in and still nothing.. I'm terrified as I MUST get this project done and I have no use out of my laptop, aswell as the public library computers are fully booked.. Please let me know anything that could help!

Hi,

It looks like the laptop is dead again. :( Here are some other troubleshooting steps that you can do with the laptop that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- Proceed with reseating the RAM's if doing a hard reboot will not work, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If you have access to another AC adapter for your laptop, do try it and see if it will boot up or not.
- If all these will not work, unfortunately the new laptop is dead and you'll need to replace it with a new one. :( But before you take it in for a replacement try a different wall outlet first and see if it will work or not.