Need Help choosing a good set of speakers for my PC.

ECaarnage

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
I am a hardcore gamer, movie watcher and music listener... So basically everything. I want a good set of speakers and if i was to get 5.1 speakers they would need to wireless and the other choice is to get 2.1 speakers but would definitely need a bass (I would prefer to get a good set of wireless 5.1 speakers). I would just like some help and suggestions with this. Please help! Thank you :)

Solution
ie... do they need to be small to fit on a shelf, under a shelf or in a cubbyhole or can you use something large.

for $200 you have a few options.

get a stereo amplfier for about $100 and a pair of bookshelf speakers for $100/pair
benefits would be... nice and loud, decent sound quality. cons would be size and only 2.0

get a decent 2.0 set like the creative t20, t40 or similar
benefits would be decent sound and easy hookup. cons would be low bass

get a decent 2.1 set like the logitech 523, 623, hardon kardon soundsticks or similar
benefits would be more bass than the 2.0, perhaps slightly less clarity in sound.

get a 5.1 system like the z506
benefits would be 5.1. cons would be no wireles rear speakers. sound wont be quite as clear...
ie... do they need to be small to fit on a shelf, under a shelf or in a cubbyhole or can you use something large.

for $200 you have a few options.

get a stereo amplfier for about $100 and a pair of bookshelf speakers for $100/pair
benefits would be... nice and loud, decent sound quality. cons would be size and only 2.0

get a decent 2.0 set like the creative t20, t40 or similar
benefits would be decent sound and easy hookup. cons would be low bass

get a decent 2.1 set like the logitech 523, 623, hardon kardon soundsticks or similar
benefits would be more bass than the 2.0, perhaps slightly less clarity in sound.

get a 5.1 system like the z506
benefits would be 5.1. cons would be no wireles rear speakers. sound wont be quite as clear as higher end 2.0/2.1 sets.
honestly not sure you will find wireless 5.1 at this price point.

just need to figure out what suits you best.

Solution

ECaarnage

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013

Okay so do you know of any 2.1 with clear sound a decent bass around my priceline?