Need help choosing a new laptop

alex5152

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
1. What is your budget?
1000 or less

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
17 inch

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1080p

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
desktop replacement

5. How much battery life do you need?
5h

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
NO

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Watching HD movies, video and music editing.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500gb

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
N/A

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4 years +

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
dvd writer

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Toshiba, Sony, Asus, etc..

13. What country do you live in?
Panama

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
would like an i7 processor, a 1gb video card, usb 3.0, HDMI output, webcam and microphone integrated.

Hello alex5152;

Where do Panamanians get their laptops from?

No games, but you want a 1gb video card? What's up with that requirement?

alex5152

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011

Well, the 1gb video card is not so important, i could well do with a 500mb.
and the laptops here in panama are EXTREMELY overpriced, but, i would like some suggestions as to what laptop/s meet/s most of my requierements.

alex5152

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011

Well, the number of people here that buy laptops online are scarce, since most people here just go to a store and buy a laptop they like. they don know and dont wish to know what are the technical specs, etc..and if it brakes, they buy anotherone. happy lives. but im one of the few that likes to know what i am buying, and i want to get my money's worth. so again, any suggestions would be appreciated. just tell me specific models that you think suit my requirements.
Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS