need help chosing speakers

Hjgrove

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
Hi there,
I have two rooms that I will need some speakers for my front left and right and rear left and right speakers in my 7.1 surround sound configuration.
Room 1- my budget is £1000
Room 2- my budget is £150
Any help is much appreciated

Traciatim

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
For room 2 you might want to check out the Monoprice.com bookshelf speakers. A pair is something like 80 bucks. Not sure about shipping overseas though.

For the expensive ones you probably want to take some content to some places where you can listen and play with different speakers for a while. Speakers in that range are pretty subjective devices so you might like certain ones just by the way they sound over the spec sheets.

Traciatim

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
The indoor/outdoor ones look fine, but I was thinking more like http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=109&cp_id=10906&cs_id=1090603&p_id=10800&seq=1&format=2 . . . Also, since the indoor/outdoor are only rated at 25 watts you'd have to be careful hooking them up to most AV equipment since you wouldn't want to blow them trying to push them way to hard if you ever turn the audio up.

The home theater style ones are meant to pair with a system with a subwoofer though, which is why they only are rated down to 110Hz, since the sub should take over below that. If you don't have a sub you probably want something that covers more range.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gimibihi Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
F Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 4
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 3
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 2