Need help connecting laptop 2nd monitor

knowlesy7

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
I decided to use my old laptop as a second monitor for my desktop PC as I don't use my laptop any more.

My laptop has a HDMI and VGA port which both connect to my desktops monitor. The problem is that my main monitor is connected to my PC through a DVI cable, so I have to manually switch setting on my Asus monitor to be able to see HDMI or VGA connections.

My monitor (Asus VS248H) only has 1 DVI / VGA / HDMI port so how am I going to connect both through the same medium?

Any insight on this will be greatly appreciated :)

Solution
This really can't be done. The connections for VGA and HDMI are designed for output to an external monitor only. They cannot accept input coming from an outside source. That display is really made to work with that laptop only, it really can't be used for any other purpose.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
This really can't be done. The connections for VGA and HDMI are designed for output to an external monitor only. They cannot accept input coming from an outside source. That display is really made to work with that laptop only, it really can't be used for any other purpose.

Solution