NEED HELP CONNECTING TV w. COMPONENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
You description doesn't match the drawing.
You show the soundbar as having two HDMI inputs plus one HDMI output. You say it has 1 HDMI input and 1 output (which is more likely).
Does your TV have 2 or 3 HDMI inputs (one marked HDMI-ARC)?
If it has 3 then you can connect the soundbar to one marked HDMI-ARC and connect one of the sources to its' HDMI input. The other two connect directly to the TV.
An alternative would be to connect all your sources directly to the TV with HDMI and use the TV audio output to connect the soundbar. That's the way I would do it. No advantage to using ARC.
If it has 2 HDMI inputs then you will need an HDMI input selector to expand the number of inputs.
You description doesn't match the drawing.
You show the soundbar as having two HDMI inputs plus one HDMI output. You say it has 1 HDMI input and 1 output (which is more likely).
Does your TV have 2 or 3 HDMI inputs (one marked HDMI-ARC)?
If it has 3 then you can connect the soundbar to one marked HDMI-ARC and connect one of the sources to its' HDMI input. The other two connect directly to the TV.
An alternative would be to connect all your sources directly to the TV with HDMI and use the TV audio output to connect the soundbar. That's the way I would do it. No advantage to using ARC.
If it has 2 HDMI inputs then you will need an HDMI input selector to expand the number of inputs.

Solution
Jul 29, 2018
Thank you for your help. The TV has 3 HDMI, one marked ARC, the soundbar has two, one marked ARC. I am leaning towards using the HDMI because I thought that would let me control the soundbar with TV remote. If I can do that with optical out too, then I'd choose that because then each device would have a discrete input instead of the TV(Roku) and FireTV sharing the ARC channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.