NEED HELP, "erase all settings" on ipod now bricked!

jinjin12

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
so i used the "erase all settings" on my ipod touch 4g so i can sell the ipod and it keeps restarting. i know that it says this process can take several hours, but it's been 12 HOURS! i'm pretty sure it's bricked now. but that's not the big problem. my HOME BUTTON IS BROKEN, so i can't start into recovery mode or DFU mode and now the ipod is just stuck at the apple logo. tiny umbrella don't recognize it when i plug it in. WHAT CAN I DO?!?!!

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Get it repaired, or cut your losses. Not much you can do if the home button isn't working. I'd have suggested trying DFU mode and forcing a recovery via iTunes but that can't be done without the button combo.

jinjin12

Distinguished
May 30, 2009

i tried a bunch of difference software and etc and nothing worked. i was too cheap to buy some items to fix the ipod since i was going to sell it and wasting extra money on it was not cool.

so i got creative and used a hair dryer, metrocard, and guitar pick. was able to open the ipod and fixed the home buttton. then was able to put it into DFU mode. now it's great :D problem solved.