Need help figuring out what goes where with new xonar essence stx.

ProtoflareX

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
My xonar essence stx sound card just arrived, but before I set it up, I would like to know what will be plugged where. My questions are below.

1. My 2 speakers are connected to each other by 1 wire, and the main speaker has a 3.5mm stereo wire that needs to be plugged into the sound card. Which jack does it go into, Front R or Front L?

2. I have a subwoofer with its own amplifier that is separate from my speakers. Just like my speakers, it should connect using a 3.5mm stereo cable to the sound card, but I don't see any jacks for it. Is my sub incompatible or something?

anort3

Distinguished
Mine came with a splitter wire that the single wire from my speakers plugs into. That gives you a left and right to plug into the card. My sub is part of my computer speakers ( Logitech Z2300s ) and I haven't connected a separate so I don't know if it's possible. I don't believe it is without a receiver. But here's a possible workaround.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1425702/asus-xonar-essence-st-or-stx-subwoofer-can-this-be-done-via-the-card

I bought mine for the headphone amp mostly. I use it with a pair of Sennheiser HD 598s and I love the setup. I rarely ever listen to the computer speakers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chinu8763 Audio 6
Picklerick Audio 1
G Audio 2
C Audio 1
C Audio 1
T Audio 1
U Audio 2
C Audio 4
P Audio 1
C Audio 1
S Audio 1