Need help finding a good TRRS male to female extension cable

Jul 22, 2018
Hello,
I was wondering if I could get a recommendation for a good TRRS male to female extension cable that will not introduce noise to mic input and is 3ft or longer. I have a laptop with a headphone/microphone jack combo and a CTIA headset, and I would like to purchase an extension cable because my headset cord isn't long enough. I've tried this one from Amazon, but the extension cable introduces static noise to my mic input. There is no noise when connecting my headset directly to my laptop or any other device.

I was wondering if it is because in the extension I bought, it looks like part of the conductor for the mic is completely exposed to the air picking up noise from the environment. The noise also increases when I touch that exposed area. I am trying to find an extension cable where the fourth pole looks completely shielded, but so far I haven't found any. If you know of any headset extension that will work noise-free with CTIA headset, please let me know.

Thank you

Jul 22, 2018

Hi,
Thank you for the reply. Maybe I'll try that one. For some reason I linked an Amazon one which is actually TRRS, but the link jumps to a wallmart product page which is a TRS version.