Need help finding a new TV

Meowrcenary

Estimable
Aug 9, 2015
I was hoping to find a 42"-55" 1080p LED tv for around $300ish, but damn... I'm surprise at how hard it is to find a (supposedly) outdated tv for under $600, considering how fast everything has been coming out just in the last year, and with the introduction of OLEDs.

I could go for 4k, but the more I look at them, and what's currently available, they seem like more trouble than they're worth. Considering it seems 1080p is finally mainstream. (as long as those dirty DISH and DTV companies don't pull a fast one and call 720p "HD")

My current TV has some colored vertical bands that mess up the image(after the TV warms up I hardly notice it, only when there's too much blue or red on the screen.), and I'm finally tired of looking at them.

Meowrcenary

Estimable
Aug 9, 2015

mostly been looking in the stores themselves, I'm about to take the chance and buy online. Held off because of the hassle it is if it doesn't work, or is damaged during shipping. I wasn't very impressed with the prices this black friday. Recently my sister got a 60" 4k with a soundbar and subwoofer for just under $600. On a one day sale at SAMs, she got lucky and got the last one.