Solved! Need help finding laptop in budget

Jan 11, 2019
1. What is your budget?
Around $800

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Screen size 15.6” preferably, wouldn’t mind 17.3” but I’d rather it be more portable.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1080p FHD

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable

5. How much battery life do you need?
I’ll likely always be near an outlet when I’m using it, so doesn’t matter too much.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Would like to play my games on High settings. Destiny 2, Rocket League, League of Legends, Civilization IV, Kerbal Space Program, Battlefield I.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Computer programming

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
1TB would be great. I’d like to have it fast and I don’t mind making compromises with space to get that.
I would like the option to add in a TB HDD If the laptop has a 256GB SSD. Or if it has a TB HDD already, it would be nice if I can add in Optane Memory.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please mention them.
No preference here.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least 4 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Not important.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Not a big fan of Lenovo keyboards.

13. What country do you live in?
USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I am a Computer Science student and I like to game and make games in my free time.
Need a laptop I can bring to class.
I’m not opposed to buying a laptop used for a better price.
I’d like to be able to upgrade the laptop later.

Solution
Your last thing about upgrading the laptop later, only things you can do is add more RAM and change the hard drive. For used laptops in that range, since there are so many places to find uses systems and no way to know if it will be around when you are ready to buy it, you would need to search for those yourself. For a gaming class system used for $800 you should be able to get a system with a 1060 video card that is not too old.

This one new is pretty good...
Your last thing about upgrading the laptop later, only things you can do is add more RAM and change the hard drive. For used laptops in that range, since there are so many places to find uses systems and no way to know if it will be around when you are ready to buy it, you would need to search for those yourself. For a gaming class system used for $800 you should be able to get a system with a 1060 video card that is not too old.

This one new is pretty good https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Nitro-AN515-Laptop-i5-8300H/dp/B07C715KNT/ref=pd_sbs_147_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07C715KNT&pd_rd_r=157d8182-15d3-11e9-b659-e924ff0deddf&pd_rd_w=hKpfd&pd_rd_wg=r0LHm&pf_rd_p=7d5d9c3c-5e01-44ac-97fd-261afd40b865&pf_rd_r=R148DW6FF66RC884CBX8&psc=1&refRID=R148DW6FF66RC884CBX8

Solution