Need help finding the computer of my dreams

greatwhitewhale

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
Hey guys,

I have been looking around the web for a while and have found just one laptop that I like, but the problem is that it is from best buy and not only am I not sure if I can upgrade what I want to upgrade (namely the processor) but I can't find any other that fits my prereqs, which are as follows (according to Maziar's sticky)
1_I have a budget that I would like to limit to about 700-900 dollars (USD) but have no issue with lower.

2_The screen size I would like would be in the 15 in. range because I see very little reason to having a larger screen then that due to the drain on a battery.

3_I have no prereqs as far as screen resolution goes. The main thing is for it to be somewhat widescreen.

4_ a decent mobile computer that is able to do some gaming.

5_I am alright with next to no battery life long as it keeps with my other prereqs.

6_I want to play some games with the laptop, such as Prototype and have the ability to play somewhat higher end games in the future.

7_I will be listening to music on this computer as well as surfing the web.

8_Storage will be more then 160GB but below way too much money :)

9_I am currently looking at Bestbuy which has:
- Toshiba Satellite for $450
-2.1 Ghz AMD dual core processor,
- 15.6 in screen with WXGA resolution,
-2GB ram,
-ATI Radeon 3100 video card with 256 Mb of dedicated RAM, -
256GB H.D.

10_I want to keep it as long as possible, thus something that can be upgraded would be nice.

11_I want a dual core processor, and all in all, something that won't break the bank. I have no problem with doing work on it.

12_I like toshiba, but all brands are open, long as they are not horrid.
13_I live in the U.S.

Thanks guys, sorry about being so vague on this.

greatwhitewhale

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
Thanks a lot man on this. It looks fantastic. And the DDR3 RAM was something I was hoping for, but didn't even dream of it being in my price range. So Thanks Maziar.

I'll second the Sager. I have another Sager model, but I don't have anything but good things to say about them.

I even got to try out their support the other day. The guy I spoke to had a bit of an accent, but was fluent in English and easy to understand. I needed to order a new hinge for my LCD screen and he new immediately what I was talking about. There was NO waiting on hold and my parts order took a total of 10 minutes to complete. Gotta love it.