Need help fixing my windows 7 laptop. It turns off without warning constantly

TheReclaimer

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
Okay so a few months ago my windows 7 laptop started powering off without warning. It usually happens when I turn the computer on and it can't even make it past the login screen most of the time. Recently my problems with this have gotten much more severe. Now the laptop can't make it past the login at all unless it's in safe mode. I have replaced the battery and have also cleaned out the entire laptop of dust but none of it helps. I have even gone so far as to factory reset the whole thing and still my problems reappeared after a few days. Also one more thing I have noticed is that whenever I turn on the laptop the sleep mode light on the front is always on, even when everything works fine. I'm about to give up on this whole thing if it can't be fixed so any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Solution
Try reseating the RAM and video card, also aside from cleaning out the system you should remove the heatsink and re-apply new thermal paste to the CPU/heatsink, see if that helped. This may be a faulty motherboard or video card chip also, in that case you are looking at a motherboard swap which for systems 3+ years old may not be worth it due to cost. You don't want to spend $200 on parts and labor to fix a system that is worth $2-300 in working shape.
Try reseating the RAM and video card, also aside from cleaning out the system you should remove the heatsink and re-apply new thermal paste to the CPU/heatsink, see if that helped. This may be a faulty motherboard or video card chip also, in that case you are looking at a motherboard swap which for systems 3+ years old may not be worth it due to cost. You don't want to spend $200 on parts and labor to fix a system that is worth $2-300 in working shape.

Solution

Anis94

Prominent
Jun 1, 2017
As you confirmed, windows stable till the login page in safe mode but not in normal mode. in this case probably problem seems from corrupted bootmgr, to fix this perform some troubleshooting.
Run "chkdsk /f" command in command prompt | second, run startup repair by pressing f8 key.