Need help getting a laptop

ominous11

Estimable
Apr 8, 2014
1. What is your budget? $500 Canadian

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Atleast a 15inch

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1080p

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? I'm not sure

5. How much battery life do you need? It will mostly be plugged in but a few hours would be nice if needed

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Roller coaster Tycoon, minecraft

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Things like Microsoft world

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? at least 500gigs

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? a few years or as long as possible

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? USB 3.0 and HDMI and dvdrom. anything else is extra

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I'm not picky but I like a good brand that will have quality parts. I don't mind to buy local or from a website ( within Canada though )

13. What country do you live in? Canada

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. This laptop is for my girlfriend who is in college. Besides that it will be mostly to steam youtube and go on facebook. She play's a few games but nothing that is graphic intense. She gets very frustrated quick if the laptop would be slow. So she will need something that is fast and quick to open files.