Need help hooking up speakers to TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHello1

Estimable
Aug 12, 2014
I recently bought a new TV. It's a Westinghouse 40 inch LED tv. I have an old sony stereo system with 2 speakers that I hooked up to my old tv. The stereo has only one port to connect to external devices that wasnt an iPod, a port called PC IN, it was a 3.5mm jack so you could hook up your pc to the stereo via aux cord or whatever. I bought an aux to double RCA audio cord, as my old tv had 2 rca audio out ports on the back which was very convenient. It worked perfectly. Here is my issue though. The new tv does NOT have the RCA audio out ports. The TV has a digital optical out port, headphones port, and it actually has an aux jack on it too, but its labeled as PC IN port so I assume an aux cord from the tv to the stereo wouldn't work as they are both input sources. I tried digital to 3.5mm analog jack cable, didn't work. I tried a digital to analog converter, didn't work. I'm actually stumped on this one. Should I try getting an aux cord anyways? Or is my best bet just getting new speakers?

MrHello1

Estimable
Aug 12, 2014
OK so nevermind I figured it out. I had a spare crappy aux cord lying around amd I hooked it up to the PC IN jack on my stereo and the headphone jack on my tv and it works. Yay

Status
Not open for further replies.