Need help, laptop screen won't turn on, HD working lights working

Cuziamindian

Estimable
Nov 15, 2015
So I have a Dell inspiron 15z, 8gb ram, i7, 465 hdd 32 ssd, Intel graphics, touch screen. I was clean installing win 10 from boot disc, after about 32% of installing windows, my screen went black, as in off, not blank. Waited couple hours to see if would resume but nothing. Hit the power button and it beeped and turned off. Now when I hit power, keyboard lights up, power lights work, hdd turns on and can hear fans spinning. But display still off, hit power and single beep and turns off. Didn't have any hardware issues before. Any ideas how to fix it? Fairly certain my screen isn't faulty. Laptop 2 years old, never had any issues. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Hamperking68

Estimable
Jan 3, 2015
It seems many people are having issues like this are you able to plug in an external monitor? Can you also try the following things:

-Reseat the RAM
-Remove the battery and hold the power button for 1 minute.

Hamperking68

Estimable
Jan 3, 2015
It seems many people are having issues like this are you able to plug in an external monitor? Can you also try the following things:

-Reseat the RAM
-Remove the battery and hold the power button for 1 minute.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nickpug9 Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 0
hillaryous Laptop Tech Support 3
rogue79 Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
vronti Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 0
G Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 0
Bonehead74 Laptop Tech Support 1