Need help on a TV for multiple use's

danielsheard

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is in the right section or not, so apologises if so.

Right, coming up to Christmas and I'm looking/needing to get a new TV, my current one is only 720p and it's well, ancient.

I will be using the new TV for a few things, firstly I enjoy a bit of social gaming on the Xbox 360 which it must accommodate for, and secondly I link up my rMBP via HDMI port on the laptop and TV, my problem at the moment is when I link my TV up to the laptop the display on the TV is rather fuzzy and well a bit crap. I don't expect the TV display to be as good as my retina display, however the fuzziness hopefully can go if I get a 1080p (I think?)

So this is my dilemma I'm wanting a TV to connect my Xbox and Laptop, as well as showing very little fuzziness when connected to the laptop, and one last thing, the TV to have a built in tuner.. I know it's quite a big ask, i'm only looking for a TV between the sizes of 22inch-24inch and hopefully no more than £200. Any suggestions or tips would be brilliant.

Thanks guys

theres this one...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-UE22F5000-Widescreen-Freeview-Playback/dp/B00BXDK1D4/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-theater&ie=UTF8&qid=1385258477&sr=1-1

its 1080p, below your budget and looks to have a HD freeview tuner.

however it is also clearmotion 100... not sure if its 100hz or 50hz but it does have a game mode function. what this means is that you might have to use a hdmi switch or splitter if it doesnt support game mode on both hdmi ports. perhaps you would even like the clearmotion100 for watching tv (i hear people like it for sports broadcasts).

the lower cost model which clearly stated 50hz did not have a HD tuner so i didnt list that one.

danielsheard

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
Cheers mate,

Yeh funnily enough this is the one I've being looking at for a while now, just seeing if the price drops closer to £150 and ill snatch it up most likely. However it still seems a brilliant deal. It's 100hz as well which is a big bonus. Perfect size too, thanks.