Need help on deciding new laptop

Valii1

Estimable
Nov 7, 2015
Hi, Im looking to buy new laptop for living room Netflix&Chill also for playing Old School Runescape, surfing online and I'll be streaming my xbox one games to laptop via windows 10 when i cant use tv. I do have couple laptops in my mind but i would rather buy cheapest that suits for my need. This why im asking you guys your opinion for this laptop which have windows 10 and N3540 Intel Pentium cpu. Lenovo B50-10 http://www.lenovo.com/shop/emea/content/pdf/Essential/BSeries/B50-10DSEN.pdf So should i buy this laptop or not?

Valii1

Estimable
Nov 7, 2015

I would buy it if i lived in US :S But i live in Finland and here arent any US version laptops selling. I dont know maybe if i coould find similar laptop you suggested. If you could tell me important specs laptop should have like what kind on gpu/cpu etc laptop should have so i can search my self. For example i found this laptop Lenovo G50-45, that could match ur suggestion maybe?
Screen: 15,6" TN, Resolution 1366 x 768. 16:9
CPU: AMD A8-6410 (Puma, 4-core) 2 GHz. Memory 2mb
RAM: 4 Gb DDR3 1333 MHz. 2 DIMM-slots, 1 available (I can add another 4gb ram memory later)
GPU: AMD Radeon R5 Series (i dont know what exact model im looking for)
Sound: Dolby Advanced Audio
HDD: 500 Gb SATA 5400 RPM
Ports: 1 x HDMI, 1 x VGA, 1 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0, 3,5 mm audio
Network: LAN, WiFi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
Webcam: 720p HD
Battery: 4 Hours

Gamer Cat

Estimable
May 11, 2015
That would be better, but has only 4GB RAM and a 500GB HDD.

If that is alright with you, then it'll help with playing RuneScape.

I believe Lenovo's G50-45 is able to be upgraded in terms of RAM if I am not mistaken; I may be wrong though.

Hyyvää, Valii (that probably wasn't correct, but Hello, there):

The G50-45 seems a much better deal than the B50-10. I think the B50 is a business machine "dressed up" as a consumer laptop, and it's woefully underpowered.

I don't know how much you're willing to spend, but you can order a very decent Z50-70 from Elgiganten Sweden for SEK7500. This is just an example as I don't know what kind of warehouses you have in Finland, so I picked a country nearby. This will also give you an idea as to what specs I think will meet your stated demands:

http://www.elgiganten.se/product/datorer-tillbehor/barbar-dator/LE59423900/lenovo-ideapad-z50-70-15-6-barbar-dator-svart

You need at least 6 GBs of RAM and 2 GBs of dedicated graphics to play anything more complex than League of Legends. I don't know what Runescape is but it sounds graphics intensive.

Stay cool,
GreyCatz.

Valii1

Estimable
Nov 7, 2015

Gamer Cat. I believe too, because the g50-45 has 1 more slot available to add another 4gb ram memory, then ill have 8gb memory ram. The 500gb hdd is enough for me as im using laptop only for skype, runescape, netflix, surfing online alot and play xbox one games when streaming. So if all is good and better than the first one i suggested. Then I should get that g50-45 laptop. Thanks!

GreyCatz. I already decided ill be buying g50-45 laptop. I dont need high-end laptop as i already have gaming pc. Btw the Runescape is browser mmo game, google it if you want to :) But thanks anyway.