Solved! Need help picking out a gaming laptop.

tastesliketechno

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2011
1. What is your budget? under 800 please :)

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? idc about the weight.

3. What screen resolution do you want? around 1280x800 give or take a bit.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? inbetween

5. How much battery life do you need? Not very much, just a few hours.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Counter strike source, HIGH; Bioshock, High or Medium; Grid, HIGH. Most FPS games or games like WoW. I don't want lag, and I want to be able to run games with good looking graphics.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Video editing with sony vegas, photoshop, music, movies, and web browsing.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 300gb or more.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Any suggestions?

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? Around 3 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD ROM

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. don't care.

13. What country do you live in? USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I want to run multiple programs at once, such as web browsing, music, plus a video game and IM chat. Nothing that overheats quickly. I also want a webcam.

I know I may sound picky, But I really am not, I just want some help and suggestions.