Need help picking out a laptop (£1000 Max.)

sonnymilbourn

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
I am currently in my second year my A-Levels and plan on going to university next year, studying Computer Science. I already own a gaming desktop but I am currently in need of a laptop for my school work since my school does not have the required software for me to complete my coursework while I am at school. I will also be using it to use applications like blender. I am not likely to be gaming on this machine much, maybe some CS:GO while I'm away from my main machine.

I'd like for the computer to last through my University studies and still be able to run software development programs. Huge battery life is not essential, but I will be bringing it to school regularly and I'd rather not have to carry the charger around with me. Large amounts of storage isn't needed. SSD would be nice, but I can make do with a HDD.

I don't want anything with flashy lights or fancy enclosures. I prefer minimalistic looking ones. I think a lot of the MSI ones look nice but I'm unsure what hardware I need.

I am willing to pay up to £1000 but but I'd rather not spend much more over £800.