need help removing h+ network (galaxy core +)

dinlo

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
as my s+ gave in after four years of active use (including frequent use as hotspot) i purchased a galaxy core + running jellybean (4.2.2).

due to that it will try to connect to highest speed broadbandversion (which is h+) it connects to a mast roughly 60 km away. this causes extremly high ping and huge packetloss, thus i want to disable h+ as to run on h (mast: 500 m) which would mean i get the normal speed of my s+ back as well as a more stable and faster lan platform for the small lans i usually host.

while i do want to avoid rooting if it is needed to disable h+ i will use it

if adjusting settings at hardware level to search for fastest internet (not newest that CAN get most broadband) is only way i will do so as well.

edit: the 60 km is an rough estimate from my house (7 km west of wargarda, sweden) to the mast in central gothenburg

dinlo

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
the phone bricked itself two days ago, the firmware in the phone was faulty and after getting a new one with correct firmware it goes up to 40 mbps on h+ but if it is under heavy usage it will after a while throttle the internet due to thermal issues

there is one thing i want to say to anyone who see this thread, it is likely thermal throttling or faulty firmware if your problem if your core plus becomes slow after a while of internet-usage