Need help to buy Amplifier for Sony speakers ss vx 33

farshschafer

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016
Need help to buy Amplifier for Sony speakers ss vx 33
Hi,
I had a Sony MHC vx33 which no more works It came with Sony speakers ss vx33 which have 6 ohms of normal impedance
I want to buy a Amplifier so I can use these speakers along with my computer. I am novice about amps and speakers so Please let me know what amp should I buy.
Please help.

Solution
amp looks like its 100w @ 6ohm impedance with 10%thd. if you want an exact match in performance you would want to look for an amplifier with similar specs although if you do not intend to listen to it near max volume you can certainly get away with something cheaper and smaller.

for low volume levels even something like a lepai 2020a should work. if you want average levels then a pyle or lepai around 40wpc (40+40). we use a dayton dta-120 in the other room for some bookshelf speakers and its great although its a bit over $100 so may be more than you want to spend.
amp looks like its 100w @ 6ohm impedance with 10%thd. if you want an exact match in performance you would want to look for an amplifier with similar specs although if you do not intend to listen to it near max volume you can certainly get away with something cheaper and smaller.

for low volume levels even something like a lepai 2020a should work. if you want average levels then a pyle or lepai around 40wpc (40+40). we use a dayton dta-120 in the other room for some bookshelf speakers and its great although its a bit over $100 so may be more than you want to spend.

Solution