Need help to choose a gaming laptop

bryanchow1

Estimable
Oct 8, 2014
So I'm looking into buying a gaming laptop around $1000+ and I have narrowerd it down to the
MSI GE62 2QE (http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GE62-2QE-Apache.html#hero-specification) or the not yet released Gigabyte P55K. (http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5434#sp)

Spec wise they're pretty much the same, so which one should I get? (due to better cooling, build quality, after sales support, etc)

Also, is it worth it to wait for the 5th gen intel processors instead?

entropy4money

Estimable
Apr 16, 2015
Go with MSI, much better than Gigabyte as a brand, and as of quality of their products. Don't expect much from the 5th generation processors. Also for gaming you don't need and i7 processor, I noticed both of them have i7. You could save some money if you get a similar laptop with an i5 instead. Or get better performance if you get a laptop with an i5 and a better video card.

entropy4money

Estimable
Apr 16, 2015
Go with MSI, much better than Gigabyte as a brand, and as of quality of their products. Don't expect much from the 5th generation processors. Also for gaming you don't need and i7 processor, I noticed both of them have i7. You could save some money if you get a similar laptop with an i5 instead. Or get better performance if you get a laptop with an i5 and a better video card.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Yersinia Pestis Laptop General Discussion 1
Hohen Laptop General Discussion 6
C Laptop General Discussion 2
H Laptop General Discussion 4
L Laptop General Discussion 3
S Laptop General Discussion 2
S Laptop General Discussion 2
D Laptop General Discussion 2
A Laptop General Discussion 3
J Laptop General Discussion 3
A Laptop General Discussion 2