Need help unlocking.

skulltac

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
Alright so I have a AMD Athlon II X3 455 3.30GHz and all the reviews for it on newegg are full of people saying that the can unlock the 4th core. I would really like to do this but I cant seem to make it work. I've tried disabling ACC but that didn't seem to work. Also my MB has a auto unlock feature that I tried to use but still no luck. (From what I've heard the unlocker that comes with the MB sucks.) Also whenever I attempt to unlock my CPU windows will start trying to boot up but once the logo starts appearing it freezes for like 6 seconds than reboots. PLEASE HELP. I don't wunna have to buy a new CPU when Battlefield 3 comes out.

Also if you do help me please walk me through it slowly as I've never really messed with my BIOS to much.

MB: Biostar A770E3

henydiah

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
Go Bios :
- Delete key multiple times to get into the BIOS on my motherboard
- Advanced menu then went to the Advanced Clock Calibration option and set it to AUTO, Setting that to AUTO is a must. (for 4 Core) , if fail set All Core sellect 3Core
- go Vcore aset manual increase to 0.050V CPU NB at 0.025
- Disabled Cool n Quite / C1E
- save your Seting f10
- boot
if you not Succes try u[date Bios , and if still No Luck .. it's mean limitation TDP Mobo or compabillity , Good Luck !