Need help with audio

Jonfess

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
I use a amp that starts at somewhat high volume everytime you turn it on
I have that hooked through an EQ to isolate mostly bass and to amplify the bass but when I amplify it it adds noise
I was wondering if I could eliminate that noise or make an amp circuit specifically for amplifying the input

Solution
EQ is not a solution only a band aid.
If you try to get more out of the speakers than they can give they produce distortion. If you require more power than the amp can produce it will clip and distort. That can damage the speakers.
The power rating on the Techpro amp is an extreme exaggeration. They don't even give you any RMS power rating or impedance. The actual amount of power could be 1/20 or less of the peak rating they do give you

Jonfess

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
My setup in the order from audio source

Realistic EQ 31-2020A
Yamaha reciever rx-v590 (Pioneer cs-r570 speakers 150 watt 8ohm)

(Sub connector) Hitachi hts5 powered sub

(Front connector) technics sh-8017 eq
technical pro rx40u (1000 watt RMS) (technics SB-A53 260watt 8ohm speakers)

More details

My audio goes through the realistic EQ in the smiley face position but keeping it below the middle
The audio goes to the Yamaha reciever to the pioneer plus mid and treble speakers in the technics
The audio goes to a Hitachi powered sub

It also goes to a technics EQ to boost the bass frequencies
That goes from the EQ to the technical pro receiver powering the two subs in both technics speakers

I'm having distortion in the technical pro
I tried bypassing the speaker boxes crossover and hooking them directly into the amp and that removed some distortion
Most distortion is only in the technical pro when amplifying frequencys going through the EQ's

The tpro receiver has a digital volume control and it starts at a good high enough volume and runs the subs pretty loud so I can just use the Yamaha volume control

Thank you.

That information may help anyone else following your post to spot something and make a suggestion or two.

Going out of my comfort zone somewhat so I did some googling("how to amplify bass") found a variety of links. For example:

http://www.circuitbasics.com/build-a-great-sounding-audio-amplifier-with-bass-boost-from-the-lm386/

You should be able to reword/rephrase the search criteria even more so customize the search and search results.

Seemed to be quite a variety of bass related "tweaks".

EQ is not a solution only a band aid.
If you try to get more out of the speakers than they can give they produce distortion. If you require more power than the amp can produce it will clip and distort. That can damage the speakers.
The power rating on the Techpro amp is an extreme exaggeration. They don't even give you any RMS power rating or impedance. The actual amount of power could be 1/20 or less of the peak rating they do give you

Solution