Need Help With Chromex.exe and nrdvr.exe

ericjin150

Estimable
Sep 23, 2015
Hello, I'm new here, but I really need help on solving this issue I have and any solutions found online do not work.

These two files keep popping up on my process, and eat up CPU and memory till my computer slows down and is not usable. I have been killing the processes every time they show up and that is the only solution I have found. Deleting the directory it is in (sysWOW64/32, 32x, 64, and 64x), does not solve it as it keeps regenerating. I have also tried to quarantine it in avast, but no luck. As well tried to stop it using a registry to prevent it from opening, and still no luck. I could be wrong and stopping something i should not have to, but it keeps persisting. Any help would be great thanks.

Solution
Hi,

Personally I would back up your user folder (hoping nothing is infected in there) then re-install your OS. But before you restore your windows folder on your main machine. Create a VM using oracle VM ware...... then if it's still there you can just bin the machine and well unfortunately all your docs will have to go to.

Good luck,
Matt.

matthewkeogh50

Estimable
May 23, 2015
Hi,

Personally I would back up your user folder (hoping nothing is infected in there) then re-install your OS. But before you restore your windows folder on your main machine. Create a VM using oracle VM ware...... then if it's still there you can just bin the machine and well unfortunately all your docs will have to go to.

Good luck,
Matt.

Solution

ericjin150

Estimable
Sep 23, 2015

So this is basically what i did, it was the only option really. The true source of the virus is very hard to pinpoint. So for anyone that has this problem, just reinstall your os.