Need Help with factory reset

mystief69

Prominent
Jan 28, 2018
Okay, so a friend of mine gave me his old tablet (Samsung Nextbook Ares 8) when he bought a new one (Samsung Galaxy S7 edge). Now the issue I am having with this is, I don't have the receipt (it was not given to me). The person I got it from told me he hasn't had the receipt since he bought this tablet. I went to the store where he bought it, and they didn't help at all. I've even contacted the vendor to see if they could/would help me with this issue, but guess what? No help at all! So, my question is, is there a way to get a new activation number? Or is there anyway to factory reset this tablet???

Solution
It shouldn't need an activation number. Even if you do a reset. It may well need the info from the original owner (email attached to etc.). Which can then be changed after it is fully loaded. That info, if your friend is the original owner, would come from them.
It shouldn't need an activation number. Even if you do a reset. It may well need the info from the original owner (email attached to etc.). Which can then be changed after it is fully loaded. That info, if your friend is the original owner, would come from them.

Solution