Need help with headset and sound card

xghoststrike

Estimable
Feb 19, 2015
I plan on buying the Sennheiser pc363d headset, but i want to get the sound card ASUS Essence STX II as well. Currently i have astro a40's with mixamp, and creative sound blaster x-fi extreme audio. I use the headset with optical cable to sound card so i get all the features, manly the dolby 5.1 to 7.1 switch. If i get the pc363d with a sound card i wont be able to use the included sound card dolby 5.1 to 7.1 switch. is there an option or something in the software that con toggle this?

basically i am asking how can i use the dolby toggle feature on the pc363d without using the included usb adapter?

i do not want to use the headset in 7.1 only, i dont not like talking to friends or listening to music in 7.1 thus why i toggle out. When I game and sometimes watch movies I have the 7.1 on again thus why I went with the combo I have now but i want to get better since I have the money and I am giving my set off to a less fortunate friend.

fudgecakes99

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014
Audio dac's. Look for a cheaper one or spend a ton of cash on a really good dac. https://www.google.com/search?q=Asus+Xonar+Essence+One&oq=Asus+Xonar+Essence+One&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#

Heard good things about the xonar, but look up some reviews see what fits your budget. I myself am using my old astro's a30's. Amazing piece of tech, can't count the amount of times i've dropped these things over the past 5-10 years i've owned them still work like the day i bought um.

xghoststrike

Estimable
Feb 19, 2015

so if i udnerstood right, your saying i cant use soundcards, i have to get a dac and that will allow me to switch between 5.1/7.1?

fudgecakes99

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014
No, no. You can use soundcards, but if you're dropping a couple hundred on head sets i'd say go the full nine yards, get an amp and a dac. Their should be a software option if you're using optical outs. Though do you know if the sen's are using full 7.1 or simulated. Personally theirs a big difference, if it's simulated and it has full 5.1 i'd use 5.1. If not then 7.1 all the way. I'm pretty sure though if you right click the volume controls or whatever sound card you want to use, should have its own audio drivers where you can setup the output.