need help with my sound on my computer

bearltg

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
so i connected my pc with my tv. video and sound transferred fine so i connected my home theater system to my tv with a optical cable and the sound wont come out as surround sound. when i do a test it reads the left front fine and the right front and also as well middle but it uses the fron right and left right also like the back speakers. what can i do to fix this problem ??i figured since my sound was tranfering as high definition i wouldn't have this problem. is there a possible way to fix this or is my only option to get a long enough optical cable to my tower to my surround sound system ??by the way im running a nvidia geforce gt 5455.

Solution

You may have to set 5.1/7.1 in the audio controls for Windows/Nvidia control panel. If...

sincreator

Distinguished
May 27, 2009

You may have to set 5.1/7.1 in the audio controls for Windows/Nvidia control panel. If your using realtek onboard audio from your motherboard you may have to enable speaker fill in the control panel for realtek and enable 5.1/7.1.

You probally will have to get a longer optical cable to get true surround sound though.

Solution