Solved! Need help with my surround sound speakers for my 2014 dell PC

kiwi3975

Prominent
Jan 28, 2018
Please please someone help ! I have a dell pc 2014. Hooked up surround sound speakers to listen to moly listen to music. My God the freaking headaches and arguments between my husband and I seriously are just about halarious. Long story short...cables r in correctly. However when LR speaker is checked both that and the right rear come on. When front left speaker is checked the right front ,back and left speaker s are on. When the subwoofer is checked no sound at all. The when the subwoofer plus any front speaker checked then the woofer works and whatever speaker it decides to work. Which may be both the two left and front speakers or its usually just the right rear speaker. Now get this, the ONLY TIME KNOWN to matter what the center speaker is on it ever works. But when u put it in stereo only the three work....the woofer and the two front speakers. Whats the problem? I'm going cra cra not being able to figure this out. I hope someone who is technically inclined will help me out. I would totally appreciate it! Thx

Solution
What's an LR speaker? A 5.1 system is L (Left), R (Right), C (Centre), RL (Rear Left) and RR (Rear Right). Each has a plus a minus. Check you haven't connected the wires over two speaker outputs.

tonydil

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
What's an LR speaker? A 5.1 system is L (Left), R (Right), C (Centre), RL (Rear Left) and RR (Rear Right). Each has a plus a minus. Check you haven't connected the wires over two speaker outputs.

Solution