NEED HELP WITH PURCHASE-SENNHEISER?

RyanMicah

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
I'm looking for the ultimate headset. It's primary use is gaming, but I want top quality sound for music as well. I am using the X-Fi Fatality sound card. Simply put: I'm looking for the best sound quality a person can afford, in a nice little comfy headset package, with a mic that can fold up and also be removed.

I've considered the Audio-Technica ATH-A900 headphones and the Beyerdynamic DT770's and the to be used with a seperate mic, but this also won't allow me to use the headset with my Xbox 360, and I'd have to buy a seperate mic for the computer.

The best options I've found so far are the Sennheiser HMD280-Pro or HMD280-XQ headsets. If anyone could recommend anything better or would vouch for these please feel free to comment. I'm looking for any good input.

Thanks!

~Ry

jonrem

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
I like my Senn 555's a lot. They're open cans, but that improves the soundstage a lot. I'd check out the 585's which supposedly have more punch in the bass department. I use my 555's with a fatal1ty and the 3d effects are so much better than with my closed cans. Good luck!