need help with realtek hd audio manager

ro0415

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
(didn't know which category too Select)
Operatingsystem: Windows 8. (if you need to know what other hardware i use just ask)
So i have had enough problems With this audio software allready. I have a speaker hooked up to the "frontspeaker out" port at the back of my asus sabertooth z87, and i have a razer blackshark 2.0 expert gameing headset hooked up to the audio ports at the front of my computer (both mic, and audio).
if the headset is set as the standard Device it Works well, and the same goes for the speaker. If i pull out the cables that Connects the mic and the audio on the headset out of the computer, it automaticly changes to the speaker, but when i plug the mic and audio cables for the headset back inn to the compyter, the realtek program pops up and it asks: which Device are you connected too?
Then i have to choose headset and mic, before the audio starts playing through it. I have to do this every single time, and it's really annoying. I want to be able to just change between speaker and headset just by plugging the cable inn and out, while im inn a game or something. Anyone know how how to fix this???? Please help and thanks inn advance.

Napalmhardcore

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
Have you tried looking at the "device advanced settings" (in the Realtek manager, not the windows settings)? There should be a tick-box saying: Mute the rear output device, when a front headphone plugged in.

ro0415

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
I figured it out!!! (but inn the prossess i realised that i am blind). I opened the settings in the manager and there was a checkbox saying: enable auto popup dialog, when device has been pluged in. It was enabled as a standard setting.