Need immediate assistance regarding Windows 8

kape297

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016
I have a laptop using Windows 8 as its OS. Recently, I'm receiving BSODS literally every 10-40 minutes everytime I log on this laptop. I cannot scan my computer because it crashes before scans are finishes, sfc /scannow doesnt work, and even simply trying to get into safe mode with networking is not happening. Every time I get to that point where I choose how the computer restarts, when I make a choice, it only shuts down and never restarts.

Solution
It could be a problem with your RAM, motherboard, cooling system, or hard drive. Most likely your drive is failing. I would use a different computer to create a bootable USB drive with something like ubuntu. Boot from that and copy all of your important files to a backup drive. You can use the bootable USB to test the RAM and motherboard functionality. If things work booting from usb, it's your drive failing. If things don't work booting from USB, you have some other issue.

Calculagator

Estimable
Nov 18, 2014
It could be a problem with your RAM, motherboard, cooling system, or hard drive. Most likely your drive is failing. I would use a different computer to create a bootable USB drive with something like ubuntu. Boot from that and copy all of your important files to a backup drive. You can use the bootable USB to test the RAM and motherboard functionality. If things work booting from usb, it's your drive failing. If things don't work booting from USB, you have some other issue.

Solution