need laptop for programming student

seba_stark

Estimable
Nov 19, 2014
hi everyone!, i need some help, im programming student and need to buy my first laptop, the problem is i know nothing about laptos cause i dont like it xD, but in this moment a laptop became a need (movility); a friend told me i have to buy laptop with "intel i5" as cpu cause in that case laptop can run all kind of consoles (including android) the thing is, laptop with i5 in my country are really expensive, so...
-need the laptop for at least 3 years
-dont care about gaming in the laptop (my deskptop is gamer, gtx 970, i5, etc...)so i need laptop only for college
-i3, amd in general, intel pentium, intel m... all of that cpu are cheaper than i5

thanks for your help :D and sory for my "english"

bye

Solution

DragonChase

Honorable
May 22, 2013
Honestly just use the I3 or anything cheap, i am in fact using a 10 year old dual core and it works fine. The only thing you should look out for is to have a NON reflective screen. (no glass)
If you will have a glass screen you will ruin your eyes severely and get fatigued quickly. The software/simulation of android is these days pretty well optimised and wont be a real problem for you.
If you are a real starter and know nothing then im assuming you will spend allot of time starting with web-based programming, i highly dis recommend jumping immediately into app creation. If you want to create games or get a feel for programming then i recommend starting with "game maker". This will teach you the basics of programming and will enable you to create multi-platform applications/games.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

seba_stark

Estimable
Nov 19, 2014

wow, thanks so, dont need i5, with i3 its okey? and about screen, how can i know what kind of screen is? cause is really important to me, my study time is always late so my eyes are already fatigued, im really worried about pick up the right screen :D

thanks men ur great :D!

DragonChase

Honorable
May 22, 2013

No problem, just be sure your screen is not glossy and your fine, it has to be matte and its really important. I think you know what i mean but here is a picture. The right one is the wrong screen to use.
Also a laptop stand is a must for extensive periods of programming. It costs litterly like... 1-3 euros and its worth it i assure you.

If ive helped you, feel free to pick one of my posts as an answer.
Got more questions let me know.

Thanks

500x_2010-01-07_130107.jpg

matte-vs-glossy-laptop-screens-in-the-sun.jpg

Solution