Need laptop recomendations

josuemora111

Prominent
Jan 18, 2018
Hello everybody! I'm going to buy a new laptop for my dad and I could use some help. My dad doesn't need anything very powerful. He needs it for emails, internet browsing and excel. The kind of features i'm looking for are durability (like a metal body), light weight, slim design, good screen (perhaps like 14" big), and long battery life. Any recomedations? I'm looking to spend around 800 dollars.

tejayd

Proper
Mar 11, 2018
I recently helped my father with one also. There are plenty of great laptops in that range. I personally like Lenovo. Asus and Dell and pretty much any of them are fine. I just told him to look for a core i5 that starts with an "8"xxx. He didn't even need that, but wanted something that he could use for a long time. I'm sure there are some better than others, but doubt anything casual users would notice.

tejayd

Proper
Mar 11, 2018
I recently helped my father with one also. There are plenty of great laptops in that range. I personally like Lenovo. Asus and Dell and pretty much any of them are fine. I just told him to look for a core i5 that starts with an "8"xxx. He didn't even need that, but wanted something that he could use for a long time. I'm sure there are some better than others, but doubt anything casual users would notice.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Laptop General Discussion 1
M Laptop General Discussion 2
D Laptop General Discussion 3
A Laptop General Discussion 1
N Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 1
A Laptop General Discussion 4
M Laptop General Discussion 17
T Laptop General Discussion 3
M Laptop General Discussion 1
I Laptop General Discussion 1