Need new headphones

GoldenGamerUK

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
I need help with choosing a new pair of headphones, because the current pair that I'm using, what happens to be dre beats... Are breaking, the rubber band on top is falling apart, and the cable has split, so I've decided to get a new pair of headphones/headset, but I don't know what ones to get (why else would I post this here??)

I like listening to a lot of music, but the music I listen to is drum and bass, trap, dubstep, anything that I like I will listen to, so being that the genres that I have listed above are quite bassy, and I'm a bit of a bass head... I need some headphones that are quite bass heavy, and comfy, and one last thing, I play a few FPS games, so I need some good surround sound with the headphones, price isn't really an issue, just give me a link and ill see if they tickle my fancy, thanks in advance

gilbadon

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2008
Get headphones that do not pay a lot of money for advertising. A $50 pair of Audio Technica Headphones will be better quality than $200 beats (or bose for that matter) because you are not paying to see their adds on TV's or athletes.

What is your budget. There are a ton of brands. I personally like VModa but would never pay MSRP for them because it is outrageous. They often go on sale in random intervals.

gilbadon

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2008
http://www.cnet.com/products/audio-technica-ath-m50x/
They are the highest rated headphones and produce studio quality sound without the premium price. But I have friends that like high base headphones "because it sounds better to me". I ignore them and pitty them for their ignorance. They will see the error to their ways soon enough.

theLeggo

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014
If you do get the ath-m50s look up brainwavs hm5 earpads to replace the stock pads of the m50s. I find the m50s can only be worn for an hour or two before I had to take them off. You could also look into the dt770 32ohm which is within your price range, and often compared to the ath-m50s.