Need new laptop recommendation

adjudicator1

Estimable
Aug 23, 2014
Hi,
My daughter just asked for a new laptop for college. She claims her 5 yr old Asus is getting old and slow. I think that what it needs is a good tuneup. I'm sure there has to be some malware in there after 5 yrs of continuous use. That Asus has an Intel Core i5 2430M (2.40 ghz) and has never given us any problems. I paid $649 back in 2011. I'm thinking about keeping it as a dedicated music server with a DAC attached to my stereo. Back to my original question, what new laptop do you guys recommend around $800?

Solution
If you want to go the route of a 'tune up' don't. They don't really work. What might is a fresh install of a bloat ware free version of windows. My current university provides it and has a tech center that will do it for free, and since she is starting college she shouldn't need that old stuff. But after 5 years the battery is probably shot at the least.
As far as laptop suggestion can't help you there except saying I do love my Lenovo.

Cmlalibe

Estimable
Sep 14, 2014
If you want to go the route of a 'tune up' don't. They don't really work. What might is a fresh install of a bloat ware free version of windows. My current university provides it and has a tech center that will do it for free, and since she is starting college she shouldn't need that old stuff. But after 5 years the battery is probably shot at the least.
As far as laptop suggestion can't help you there except saying I do love my Lenovo.

Solution