Need new low budget amplifier for my speakers

yoeri

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
I have two old contour I MK II speakers from dynaudio, my amplifier is broken and I need a new amplifier. The amplifier which i used was a Onkyo A-M70.

Information about the speakers:

Impedance: 4 ohm
power rating: 100 W
Music power: 200 W
Transient power: 1000 W
Recommend amplifier output: 50-200 W

Extra information:

The speakers will be used as the speakers of my music-computer, so the amplifier needs to have a normal analog input.
My budget is around $100, I know that this is not enough to buy a good amplifier, but I just need my speakers working.

What do you recommend to buy?

kyzarvs

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
I found a NAD 3020i (built around 1980!) on Ebay for £25 last year - perfect for driving my Mission 760i speakers. My advice would be look for a second hand component amp - for clarity and accuracy my setup still beats PC-specific stuff hands down.

Traciatim

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
If you just need something that will make some sound for now until you get something real, why not try out a T-Amp. They usually are really low on the wattage range, but 100 watts will only be about 10dB or so (about twice as loud) louder than 10 watts since doubling the power only increases the sound by about 3dB. You should be able to grab one for about 50 bucks or so and it should get you by at least until you get a real amp/receiver or whatever you are using it for.

Something like this possibly: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=300-380 (There are lots of different ones made, but all are pretty similar. )

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Go to web site called Audio Asylum and you will find many amplifier for this price sometimes.