Need opinion and risk about upgrading my laptop

rahmtz

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016
Hello, 3 weeks ago, I made a decision to bought Dell XPS 15 9550 (FHD version, HDD+msata option)

Full spec:
CPU: i7-6700HQ
Ram: 8 GB (4x2) DDR4
HDD 1 TB + ssd cache 32 GB
GPU: GTX 960m 2GB

I would like to ask about the upgrade capability of my laptop. i am very grateful if anyone can tell me about any opinion and risk if I do this

I am planning to:

1. Upgrade my 1 TB HDD to 1 TB samsung 850 pro
(I think there is no problem here... How about it?)

2. [optional] Upgrade 32 GB of cache (msata) to 128/256/512
(I am just confused, is it really make any processing-speed or anything difference if I do number 1 above? Should I make it a normal drive for extra size or should just take it out for battery and processing purpose? or just keep it there?)

3. Upgrade my 8 (4x2) GB of ram to 32 (16x2) corsair vengeance/dominator
(what is the compatible one? I think that there is some ornament in dominator series that make them can't be put in my XPS 15 right?)

4. Upgrade my FHD LCD Screen to UHD LCD touch-screen <- make me regret my decision not to wait for one month to get UHD series..
(Is it possible? I know the real UHD series have 50% more cell of battery in spite of sata drive, what's the risk? If I turn off touch capability and just enjoying 4K did it still make my battery running out faster?)

5. just asking, what's the difference between KYN7Y and JK1FY palm rest?

Thank you

rahmtz

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016

thanks for your opinion :)

1. actually I just want to know the upgrade capability of my laptop and its technical consequences, didn't think to change or upgrade in anytime soon
2. I don't mind about warranty though, in my country, all of laptop brands are unprofessional, we used to not believe in warranty, if I use warranty for my broken laptop/component inside it (specifically and literally) it will be brought back and given to me near the end of warranty (ex: broken in 2nd month, getting back at 10th/11st month)

rahmtz

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016

Thanks for your informative link :) I have read it though, from spec to replacement manual
But I just want opinion and information like
2 should take out msata drive because its no use/better keep it; 4 yes/no you can/can't or its difficult or there are other parts that also need to be changed; 5 one for A-type and the other for B-type

If anyone can help, I am greatly appreciate it :)

rahmtz

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016

Mostly work, hence I need ssd (accounting, paper, report, a lot of browser tab, etc)

Part-time sketch and design (corel draw, photoshop) which is made me regret to not choose 4K version for 100% adobe RGB, so maybe I will change my display screen if it can but not soon

Relaxing (games, movies, etc) just mild games, not hardcore,so upgrading ram is not a prioritize