Status
Not open for further replies.

HVCFOG3Y34

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2013
I've been looking into getting a new headset with good sound because im not satisfied with my current headset anymore. What I use my headset for now is pc gaming and recording game play. I also would use it with my consoles, mainly PS4. I've looked around and I hear this headset is great. But since this headphone doesnt have a mic, I needed to get one. I remember people saying they like this mic, and since I don't want it sitting on my desk, I figured I would get this.

Here is a list of all the parts im thinking of getting:
Headset
Mic
Mic Desk Mount

Does anyone have any changes they would make if they were buying this. I don't want to spend more than whats here which totals to $133. The only requirements I have is a headset that has 3.5mm jack and a mic that is USB.

Thanks.

Solution

ChrisTCP

Commendable
Jun 16, 2016
The m40x or the SHP9500 would be the best bang for the buck. As for the mic, the best option would be an Antlion Modmic which attaches directly ontop of your headphone, however i believe it ends to a 3.5mm jack.

Solution

HVCFOG3Y34

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2013
I saw that attachable mic. I guess that would be a better option, since the snowball and mic stand would equal the same as the boom mic. I got caught up in the snowball that I didn't compare prices in the end. What is the difference between the boom mic and the blue snowball in quality?

ChrisTCP

Commendable
Jun 16, 2016
I'm inclined to believe that the snowball is going to have a better overall SQ than the modmic, however the modmic has built in noice cancellation. You cant go wrong with either of these though. Both are perfect for streaming and recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.