NEED SOME ADVICE FOR LAPTOP dell 7559 upgrades!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgolf

Estimable
Jan 15, 2016
Hey guys I'm trying to upgrade dell 7559 laptop adding another 8gb ram stick. Could you guys recommend a good product ? And I was wondering if I should replace my HDD 1tb with an SSD or just utilize the SSD m.2 stick? What's the difference. And could you guys also recommend a good ssd or SSD m.2 as well! Thanks

Solution
Crucial is a good brand for RAM. Not need to buy the higher end Ballistic series, their "normal" RAM will be fine. I think newegg sells the 8GB sticks for around $40.

They also make very good SSDs, but Samsung's EVO 850 series is very good and very popular. People gravitate towards Samsung when it comes to SSDs. Installing a 2.5" SATA SSD means you need to replace the hard drive, but before that you need to clone it. Most SSDs comes with cloning software. But you will need to buy a USB to SATA cable to connect the SSD to the laptop to begin the cloning process. On the other hand a M.2 SSD will simply show up as another drive on the laptop.

M.2 SSDs basically comes with two different and incompatible interfaces PCIe and SATA; PCIe is...
Crucial is a good brand for RAM. Not need to buy the higher end Ballistic series, their "normal" RAM will be fine. I think newegg sells the 8GB sticks for around $40.

They also make very good SSDs, but Samsung's EVO 850 series is very good and very popular. People gravitate towards Samsung when it comes to SSDs. Installing a 2.5" SATA SSD means you need to replace the hard drive, but before that you need to clone it. Most SSDs comes with cloning software. But you will need to buy a USB to SATA cable to connect the SSD to the laptop to begin the cloning process. On the other hand a M.2 SSD will simply show up as another drive on the laptop.

M.2 SSDs basically comes with two different and incompatible interfaces PCIe and SATA; PCIe is faster. The Dell Inspiron 7559 uses the SATA interface so be sure to buy that one. 2.5" SSDs have a max capacity of 2TB (about $900 - $1,000), while M.2 SSDs maxes out at 512GB.

The actual M.2 SSD slot varies in size. 512GB SSDs are typically 22mm x 80mm in dimensions and is referred to as 2280. I think the Dell can handle 2280 M.2 SATA SSDs.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.