Need some help with editing!!!!!

gamerxavier

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011

adobe CS6 media encoder. Youtube presets. i ticked the boxes to increase a few things but they also increase encoding time by a good 15-20minutes depending on size. Among other small changes for testing. I've got another video I'll be uploading shortly I believe this is the best one yet. at about 80mbs for 1.11minutes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rnT1yUnHrg&feature=youtu.be
There's the link.
that video of yours looks so clear. the color is there and everything. Trying to get my videos too look about like that in 1080p.

the next upload is done recording it at 60FPS and full. hoping that is better for quality. will see soon.

Sunius

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2010
I'm recording using 60 fps mode but without forcing lossless RGB. That makes it a bit better quality though and doesn't increase file size! Just it makes your CPU work a little harder. It gave me lag spikes so I disabled it.

And I'm encoding it using Xvid codec. www.xvid.org

gamerxavier

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
with 60fps on and recording my fps drop to 45. They seem to stick there even if i turned my graphics down to low. I find this weird. Also, my cpu isn't even being used up much at all. Trying to solve this issue.

dear lord. almost 2 hours to encode 5 minutes with current settings. hope quality is worth it.

Sunius

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2010
No way, that should not be the case! It takes me 20 mins to encode 10 min video with my i5 2500k! What settings are you using?

Also, is World of Warcraft in the same hard drive as you're recording to? If it is, that's why it caps at 45 fps.

gamerxavier

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011

no it's on it's own HDD. I said before I checked 2 boxes that where said to help increase quality but also encoding time. without those it's not even half that time.

they are
Maximum Render quality - affects time
Frame blender
Render at maximum depth - affects time

I'll be making sure the time is worth the quality though.
I'm pondering that this feature will help keep quality and reduce file size. the 5minutes is about 246mbs. pretty good i think.
okay, so those 2 ticks Affected quality by a little bit. But, not by A Lot. I believe I found a very smooth quality for my videos though. Now, time to shrink it :X

gamerxavier

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236243
2 of those should go a long way with the videos.

i'm assuming your using a Z77 board? I'm using P67 so I don't get the bonus of the graphics encoding speed from the cpu.

OMG it looks Gorgeous now. I'm hoping it stays this good looking when i upload it. If so I may have found my sweet spot :)

The final True Full Hd output video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXJvni_nAKU
pretty sweet I'd have to say. took about an 45minutes to upload. So, Probably have to really drop my size to upload efficiently. But, def occasionally. will upload some quality like this =)

gamerxavier

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
Okay, So my issue at hand. I've figured out the sweet spot for the quality I want. But, now I've come down to another issue. There will surely be times I'll want to edit a video using premier as that's what I've got. It would seem premier Does work with the raw data from fraps. So, first off. Would it be best to edit the raw data or edit the media encoder's output. Either way it would seem premier requires to re-encode the data. Which brings me to this question. Premier doesn't seem to have the features or abilities to change the output like encoder. is there a way for me to send the data in premier to encoder?? I'd much prefer this so i don't have to go through finding another "sweet spot" for video quality and size on Premier.