Question Need some help with my BSODs, MiniDumps included

drahstul

Commendable
Jun 25, 2019
Hiya, I have been getting a lot of BSODs lately. Most of them are either "Driver Power State Failure," and other time's it's "DPC Watchdog Violation."

My laptop is the MSI GS65. I have recently reinstalled Windows 10 (64bit, latest version), since this has been happening before. That obviously didn't fix it, so I am guessing the problem might be in the hardware. After looking through various posts, I believe the problem might be in a faulty SSD.

One thing to note is that the BSODs usually happen after I move from my desk to my bed (I always shut it down, and restart it when moving.) The laptop usually runs hotter at those times, since it's not on a stand, but the temperatures are still relatively normal, so that shouldn't be the issue. And 70% of the time it happens when the laptop is unplugged. But it has also happened while it's been plugged in and on a stand.

One other thing I should mention is that my CPU is undervolted but I am 99% sure this has nothing to do with it since I had the same problems on the old Win install, which wasn't undervolted.

Link to MiniDumps. Most are included, some are missing, as I'm guessing Windows deleted them after a while. These are the ones I saved.

Cheers

drahstul

Commendable
Jun 25, 2019
So it just happened again, twice, in the space of 10 minutes. The CPU and GPU temperatures were very low, although the bottom of the laptop was quite hot since it was on a bed. Also, it was plugged in. I am now almost certain it has something to do with my SSD and the heat there. Here are the newest MiniDumps.

TRENDING THREADS