Need suggestion about to connect PC to AV receiver

pritam2601

Estimable
Jun 12, 2014
Dear Respected Members and stuff,

I want to buy Pioneer htp RS33 HTIB for my pc.It have VSX 323K av receiver.I want to connect it to my PC for DTS-HD Master audio and Dolby True-HD audio.My PC have Sapphire R9 270X GPU.And i have only DVI supported FULL HD LED monitor which is connect through DVI to the GPU.So the HDMI out of my GPU is free.I want to connect av receiver through HDMI out of my GPU only for audio.Is it possible ? i want to bitstream HD audio through HDMI from my gpu to av receiver.Please give me a suggestion about any compatibility issues and solution.

Thanks and Regards,
Pritam

Solution
If your video card will detect the receiver as a 2nd extended monitor you might be able to get it to work the way you want. Another option is to connect the PC with HDMI to the receiver (for audio & video) and use an HDMI to DVI cable to connect the receiver to the monitor.

pritam2601

Estimable
Jun 12, 2014
Many many thanks for your reply Sir. Today i attached my friend's LG LED TV hooking with HDMI to my GPU as testing purpose.As a result my GPU successfully detect a 2nd extended display. Also it send audio to the LG TV. I am able to run two both display at a same time.So can i run av receiver as a same process ? MY GPU DVI for my LED monitor and GPU HDMI to Av receiver for HD audio ?