Need to change the boot order on a x75a dh32 laptop -- no option to do so in bios!

pugpeg

Honorable
Apr 8, 2014
I need to get rid of windows 8!!! I have 7 ready to load on to this computer, but I can't get it to boot to anything but the hard drive!
It has a boot option like I've never seen before, and I'm lost!--- help please.

Solution

•Enter the BIOS setup menu by pressing and holding F2 key when powering on.
•Switch to "Security" and set "Secure Boot Control" to Disabled.
•Switch to "Boot" and set “Launch CSM” to Enabled and PXE rom to Enable
•Press F10 to save and exit.
•Press and hold ESC key to launch boot menu when the notebook restarts.

pugpeg

Honorable
Apr 8, 2014
Do you maen to say that I need to pull the hard drive from this asus and install it into a machine that I can control the bios and boot order on to blank the hard drive, then install 7 and then re-install it into the asus?

corroded

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
no... Before you can install Win7, you need to remove all the Win8. If the Win7 Install is not letting you remove all the partitions and do a clean install... Then pull the HDD and use a different PC to remove all the Win8 created partitions, format the entire disk NTFS, then put it back and install Win7.

Do a custom install, not upgrade.

pugpeg

Honorable
Apr 8, 2014
My problem is that I cannot access the cd/dvd drive or the usb drive to boot and load any other operating system . This piece of JUNK will only load window 8 . I even called the asus 800 number to ask for help --- THAT was a REAL turn off !!!! They are not even willing to give support on a new machine!

pugpeg

Honorable
Apr 8, 2014

pugpeg

Honorable
Apr 8, 2014
None whatsoever--- this is the strangest looking bios that I've ever had the misfortune to come across. The ONLY option is to let windows control your boot. It does NOT even mention booting from cd-dvd or usb.--- It's the wierdest thing Ive ever seen in a computer--- I think I will take the drive out of this asus and format it. Then see what the asus will let me do.

pugpeg

Honorable
Apr 8, 2014
OK--- rather than ruin a working unit, I installed a known good 40 gig formatted hard drive in this asus and tried to install 7 from a usb and from the dvd drive. This asus STILL will not boot from either one. HELP!
My next option is to try installing windows 7 on this 40 gig drive then installing it into the asus and praying a LOT. unless someone else has a better idea?

pugpeg

Honorable
Apr 8, 2014
Well I just finished installing the 40 gig into an old dell, putting Windows 7 home prem. on it, then installed it in the asus-- when turned on, the asus goes straight to bios--- SO---- I am reluctant to fool with a drive that at least does work{ even if it does run windows 8}. I have several drives to play with and am retired so if ANYONE has any ideas on what might work --- PLEASE help!

nothanks

Estimable
Apr 16, 2014

•Enter the BIOS setup menu by pressing and holding F2 key when powering on.
•Switch to "Security" and set "Secure Boot Control" to Disabled.
•Switch to "Boot" and set “Launch CSM” to Enabled and PXE rom to Enable
•Press F10 to save and exit.
•Press and hold ESC key to launch boot menu when the notebook restarts.

Solution

pugpeg

Honorable
Apr 8, 2014
Nothanks came up with the right solution. I finally ,after the third session of at least an hour talking to asus tech support, got a tech to tell me how to change the boot order. The first tech said for me to take it to a repair shop, that they did not furnish free repair-----"maybe he was just having a bad day"----
Anyway Thank you all for your efforts

securu

Estimable
Feb 8, 2016