Need to fry my laptop

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlosprazeres

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015
Hello collegues,

I have a laptop that is over 4 years now, and im trying to convince my wife we need to replace it, but she is adamant that we would only replace it when said laptop is dead and the repair cost would not be justifiable.

Hence i want to know creative ways to total the laptop in a non-physical way and in a way that a repair shop would say it would not be viable to repair.

I have been running prime 95 non-stop for over 10 hours a day with the laptop wrapped in a blanket but 3rd so far and no results.

Any help?

The fact that causing the unit to die isn't all that easy is a testament to the fact that these devices are much better designed than most people would think. Unfortunately, due to the fact that this device is owned by not just you, but somebody else as well, I'm going to have to close this thread for the sake of protecting the site against any kind of legalities that could be involved. Hopefully, you've been enlightened already.

popatim

Splendid
Just buy another laptop, theres no need to kill this one and it also ends the 'single laptop' issue when your travelling.
Wife might not like it but once she sees that you need it for work and this was a better solution then breaking the old one she'll understand. Two is better than one. :) Isnt that why you have a pc at home? so you each have one??

Status
Not open for further replies.