Need to hook up old surround sound system to new tv without hdmi in home theatre

Danno894

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
I have a old pioneer home theatre system without any hdmi ports , (pure cinema progressive DVD/cd receiver xv-dv350) is my model number of home theatre , I would like to run it through my Shaw cable box , to my new Panasonic insignia smart tv , but as I said I have never hdmi ports in home
theatre , but if possible can you show me a diagram if possible , I have a mess of cables back here and still can't listen to sports or tv in surround sound please help

Solution
Does your TV have an audio out port? It should have at the very least a 3.5mm or RCA audio out that you'd be able to use to send a signal to your receiver.

Th3pwn3r

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Does your TV have an audio out port? It should have at the very least a 3.5mm or RCA audio out that you'd be able to use to send a signal to your receiver.

Solution

kanewolf

Judicious
I can't find a good picture of the ports available on the XV-DV350. But if you have an optical or coaxial digital INPUT that is the best way to hook up from your TV.

If you post a picture of the ports on the back of the XV-DV350 I may be able to help more...