need to press power button many times before starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

agupta

Estimable
Dec 7, 2014
my laptop was working fine till last week. but now i have to press power button 5 to 6 times.. it takes more than 15 minutes to start which wastes a lot of time. please help. i have lenovo G500s

Solution
Probably a bad switch. If the laptop is still under warranty, ask Lenovo to fix it. if it is out of warranty, a repair shop should be able to fix it.

If you don't want to pay for a repair, don't turn the laptop off. Set the computer to suspend (sleep) on closing the lid. Opening the lid, pressing a key, or pressing the Fn key will usually wake it up from sleep. As long as your battery is good, you will never need to turn off the laptop. Any time you need to turn it off, make sure you restart rather than shutdown.

Control Panel -> Power Options -> Choose what closing the lid does

While the laptop is suspended, everything is turned off except the CPU and memory. Those are powered just enough to keep the current state of the...
Probably a bad switch. If the laptop is still under warranty, ask Lenovo to fix it. if it is out of warranty, a repair shop should be able to fix it.

If you don't want to pay for a repair, don't turn the laptop off. Set the computer to suspend (sleep) on closing the lid. Opening the lid, pressing a key, or pressing the Fn key will usually wake it up from sleep. As long as your battery is good, you will never need to turn off the laptop. Any time you need to turn it off, make sure you restart rather than shutdown.

Control Panel -> Power Options -> Choose what closing the lid does

While the laptop is suspended, everything is turned off except the CPU and memory. Those are powered just enough to keep the current state of the computer intact (which is why you need to have a battery). Waking from sleep is then just a matter of powering the rest of the computer up, and is much faster than booting up.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.